- Solicit, negotiate, execute and manage project related consultant agreements and some minor construction service agreements. Manage, schedule, coordinate, and review A & E work product and invoices.
- Provide design assist through visual and verbal directives. Manage and coordinate, guide and approve all architects design work and submissions. Participate and lead design value engineering in partnership with the development construction team.
- Manage in coordination with Project Manager, all development approvals, feasibility analysis and entitlement processes with entities, utilities, and agencies having jurisdiction. Negotiate and manage coordination of work scope, division of responsibility, easements, sign offs and any payment issues.
- Review & negotiate design and construction elements of Tenant Leases / Exhibits. Assist Real Estate Managers & Legal in negotiating / executing Leases and other project agreements and all subsequent related submissions and notices.
- Review, coordinate and track all retail tenant documents and their implementation prior to and during construction. Manage retail tenant delivery and entitlements per Lease terms and control all retail tenant change orders and their approvals, scheduling, and coordination with construction.
- Manage the procurement, tracking, and renewals as appropriate for all owners’ construction permits, approvals, C.O.s, sign-offs, bonds, re-cons, etc.
- Oversee all critical project documentation such as plans, specs, reports, certifications, permits, and approvals.
- Schedule, attend, document and closeout all site inspections and punchlists. Coordinate with Property Management for transition from construction to operations and support thereafter as required.
Client Relations and Business Development
- Perform as the liaison between clients and the design team.
- Communicate design solutions to clients in a clear and compelling way and seek information about client requirements and demonstrate how they are interpreted in design solutions
- Participate in proposal preparation and provide conceptual direction for major engagements at the proposal stage.
- Work with firm leadership to establish strategy and respond to opportunities.
- Participating in indirect marketing initiatives (e.g. real estate conventions; workshops; roundtables; articles; panels, etc.), which enhance the group as a whole.